Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving and Sarah's Birthday

SARAH'S NEW HAIR!


This is Sarah with Kent, our hairstylist, and Beka is in the middle, but hidden underneath Sarah's hair.
Sarah turned 14 on Sunday, Nov. 23, 2008 and we celebrated pretty much all weekend. The celebration began Friday afternoon, when Chris, Beka and I picked her up from school and took her to Spangles for lunch and then took her to see Kent. Kent works at Riverside Hair Station and is awesome. He's the one who does all our hair and did my hair for the wedding. The pictures above show you what she chose as her new hair color. I'm waiting for the phone call from Mayberry to see if they have anything to say about it. I got a call when she colored it pink. Anyway, then Friday night I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables and cresent rolls for her birthday dinner. She's been asking for meatloaf for weeks now, so I thought she'd like it as something special. Saturday we kept it lowkey and I did the last of our Thanksgiving shopping for our meal. I hate waiting until the last minute and we had left overs for lunch and dinner.
Of course, what birthday would be complete without someone getting ill. Lizzie woke up at 5:30 in the morning throwing up and with the runs. I am very proud of her and Chris. She made it to the bathroom and Chris stayed with her and helped clean up the puke and poop. That would not have happened a few years ago. Once we got the tummy settled down she was fine, but it put a small damper on Sarah's birthday. Oh and she got Guitar Hero and a digital camera from her mom with junk food from her Grandma Alice and a gift card with $50 on it - she used the money to purchase new jeans which she needed badly. And Chris and I purchased her a new black soft plushy bathrobe, to go with her black house slippers, the 3rd Barlowgirl cd w/dvd, and Twilight oh and we purchased her tickets to see the movie, "Twilight" based off the book. Chris stayed home and we took Allison from around the corner who babysits for us sometimes to come with us and we had a good time. We ate candy, I had a hot dog and we all had popcorn and drinks. I think Sarah had a blast and Allison enjoyed herself. The movie is good if you can get past the fact that they left out some important stuff and they messed with the order of somethings.
I hope you all have a good Thanksgiving. We are planning on keeping it simple but real with just us. It will be nice since Chris is leaving December 1st for three weeks of training.
Maureen

No comments: